Last modified: November 24, 2018
TheTurfZoneTM is a product of Leading Edge Communications, LLC
At Leading Edge Communications, LLC, we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services and web sites offered by Leading Edge Communications, LLC or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, Leading Edge Communications, LLC’s “services”). In addition, where more detailed information is needed to explain our privacy practices, we post separate privacy notices to describe how particular services may utilize the information. By using our services and products, you consent to our use of personally identifiable information as it is outlined in this Policy.
Leading Edge Communications, LLC adheres to the U.S. safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our web site.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a User Account, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, such as our sales programs, we also request credit card or other payment account information at time of sale which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may also ask you for personal information at other times, including when you provide opinions, enter a contest or promotion, or report a problem.
- We may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you have provided to us.
- Log information – When you use Leading Edge Communications, LLC services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a web site. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User Communications – When you send email or other communications to Leading Edge Communications, LLC, we may retain those communications, in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links – Leading Edge Communications, LLC may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our product offerings, customized content and advertising.
Leading Edge Communications, LLC only processes personal information for the purposes described in this Policy and/or privacy notices for specific services. In addition to the above, such purposes include:
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the privacy notices for particular services.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Leading Edge Communications, LLC may not be able to provide those services to you.
Leading Edge Communications, LLC only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Leading Edge Communications, LLC in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf, or to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, providing customer service, sending mail, processing credit card payments, processing currency conversions, or other functions necessary tour business. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Leading Edge Communications, LLC, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Leading Edge Communications, LLC employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. When we contract with other companies to provide us with services, we only share personal information with those that we believe share our commitment to privacy and information security. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for actions of those parties. No data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Leading Edge Communications, LLC processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Leading Edge Communications, LLC services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
Leading Edge Communications, LLC regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Leading Edge Communications, LLC’s treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site. When we receive formal complaints, it is Leading Edge Communications, LLC’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Leading Edge Communications, LLC and an individual.
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site.